Growing old is a stage of life. If care is not exercised by the people getting to this stage, health complications often occur.
Amongst these are diseases such as High blood pressure, diabetes, heart attack, prostate cancer and even stroke.
All these can are reduced if one purpose to live a healthy life if he is willing to have medical checkups and follow the directions that the health advisers give, and also being able to sense the warning signals before it strikes.
There are several steps that one can start early enough to ensure that the risks are reduced which include:
- Eating healthy foods—Strive to ensure that the diet that you take is balanced at all times, and they are rich in fiber, have low fats, and most important eat meat that has a high concentration of omega 3. Such as fish.
Avoid eating red meat which has high content of cholesterol.
- Avoid smoking entirely- Smoking has many side effects including lung cancer and when old. It will promote the disease if continued smoking and the body tissues have already started to wear out due to old age. There are available treatments that doctors can offer to help a person stop smoking.
- Quit drinking- If unable to quit drinking altogether, visit a doctor who may advise the level at which you may drink and that it may not affect the body in future. But for a complete health check, it is advisable to quit drinking altogether.
- Always exercise- Exercise helps in keeping the body physically fit and the brain alert. Among the activities are swimming, jogging, among others for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Watch your body weight- Most times when one is not active, you may tend to sit and eat which may end up causing obesity and will bring side effects. It is therefore essential to have controlled food portions and reduced fats.
- Schedule doctor visits for regular checkups- This enhances maintaining your health and should there be an instance where the body is not fit; then the doctor can detect it early enough and counter it before it extends further.
Some of the checkups may include, Dental checkups, Optical checks, taking pneumonia vaccines after a given duration and once in a while an overall body check. Choosing aarp medicare supplement plans 2019 can help with the cost of medical care.
It is upon the person who is above the age of 65 to take an initiative of purposing to live healthy by following any available tips without fail to prolong his life before it gets too late. Always plan for the old age during the times that you were strong and ensure that nothing interferes with your plan.
Medicare supplementary plans and Medicare advantage plan both are beneficial for the clients. Best medicare supplement plans to save a lot of money by preventing the excessive expenditure of money during treatment. These two policies have some essential variations.
Medicare supplement plans Vs. Medicare Advantage Plan
There are some basic differences between Medicare supplementary plans and Medicare Advantage plans. These are as follow:
- Supplementary plans usually cover up the costs of all or some of Part A and Part B of original Medicare. On the other hand, Medicare Advantage plans combine both Part A and Part B costs.
- The price of the premium of these supplementary policies may differ according to your age and health status or both of these. In case of Medicare Advantage plans, this premium price does not vary. The price remains the same in spite of health history or age of the client.
- Drug coverage is not included in the supplementary policies. The client should purchase another separate Part D policy to get this facility. Most of the Medicare Advantage plans cover Part D policy.
- Medicare supplement plans have no quality ratings. On the contrary, advantage plans to provide quality ratings. Five-star ratings are regarded as the most excellent.
- In case of selection of doctors, these two policies have their differences. Any physician who has previously treated in the Medicare plan can treat in the supplementary policy. In advantage policy, any HMO or PPO plan provider can attend. In some cases especially in critical situations, PPOs cost much.
- You can purchase supplementary policies after reaching 65 years. This facility can be taken six months after enrollment of Part B plan. After that, you have to pay more for the existing conditions. In advantage plan, you have to first sign up both the Part A and Part B Medicare policies.
- For the supplementary plans, you have to keep three cards in your wallet. These are one red, white and blue Medicare card, the second one is the Medicare supplement card, and the third is Part D card. Red, white and blue Medicare card is only required in case of the advantageous
- In case of both advantage plan and supplementary policies, they go through some vital paperwork.
- Medical supplementary plans cover up several benefits which are not covered by the original Medicare. On the contrary advantage, plans are the means to get several Medicare benefits.
With the increase in accidents in this modern world, the guarantee of your life is negligible. Life and death can never be predetermined. Anything can happen to you at any point in time. Even though you cannot take control of what might happen, you can always take precautions to help you get through the phase. Medicare helps you with this precautionary measure to a certain extent while Medicare supplement plans take you a step further ahead.
What are Medicare supplement plans?
It is important to know what you are investing in and what your plans might be. Medicare supplement plans are basically additional plans sold to complement your Medicare policies. These are add-ons to your already existing Medicare plans and are commonly known as Medigap. Medicare supplement plans are to help you cover the co-pays and coinsurance related pay such as nursing, doctor’s fees, ambulance charges etc. Medigaps are mostly relevant in the USA.
When do they come into effect?
To avail to Medicare supplement plans, you need to own two parts of the actual Medicare policies, that is, Plan A and Plan B. Medicare start at the age of 65 for a person in the states. But attaining both Medicare supplement and Medicare Advantage plan at the same time is not applicable. To have a medigap for you, you need to have Medicare Part A and Part B.
How does it work?
For Medicare supplement plans, you have to pay a monthly premium to your insurance company along with the premium which is Part B that you already pay for your Medicare. Medigap’s should be bought one per person. It covers only the problems of one person. If you and any other member of your family want medigap, you will have to buy one for each of you. These policies can be bought from any companies that are licensed to sell one in your area. As long as you are paying your premiums, you are eligible to utilize your Medicare supplement plans. It is renewable despite you having help issues, and you are eligible to avail one as long as you pay your premiums. No company can cancel your policy.
Medicare supplement plans are added benefit to your Medicare plans and can help you a lot while you are in trouble. As life is unpredictable, these plans add a sense of security, even though temporary.
Are you 65 and enrolled in Medicare Part A and B (Original Medicare); it means you are considering buying Medicare Supplement plans.
The Medicare Supplement insurance offers coverage for the “gaps” that the Original Medicare’s coverage does not pay and this includes copayments, deductibles and coinsurance. That’s the reason that this insurance type is known as Medigap.
How it Works
There are ten Medicare Supplement Plans of insurance to choose and each is named after an alphabet. As there are many options, it is advantageous to choose, but may be difficult to choose the best plan as well.
Each Medigap plan bearing the same letter offers same benefit options, despite the fact from whom you buy. Medicare Supplement plans are the same and are provided by private insurance companies. Of course, the prices of the premium may vary.
Thus, it is crucial to compare prices and the plans before moving forward with buying. Consulting with an independent agent allows acquiring plan quotes and information from different insurance companies.
Which is the Best Plan?
The Medicare Supplement Plans for insurance differs with each person as the needs also vary. There is no one solution to fit all.
Plan F of Medicare Supplement is viewed to be comprehensive of all the available options. It is because this plan gives plenty of benefits, including:
Find best plan at www.Medisupps.com .
- Part A Medicare hospital costs as well as the coinsurance charges for more 365 days even after the benefits of Medicare is used.
- Part B Medicare copayment or coinsurance
- Blood first three pints each year
- Part A copayment or coinsurance of Medicare hospice care
- Part- A Medicare deductible
- Part-B Medicare deductible
- Medicare Part B additional charges
- Nursing skilled facility amount of coinsurance
- Emergency foreign ravel up to the limits in this plan
Plan F provides many benefits, yet there are some items to consider while factoring the cost of potential premium versus the coverage to receive.
The next is Plan G of Medicare Supplement Plans that provides an array of benefit options keeping the difference that Plan G does not offer Medicare Part B coverage deductible that was per year $183 in 2017.
Medigap Plan G is less approximately by $30 per month than Plan F premium and this means individuals can save more with each year due to the lower cost of Plan G, while they can also receive other benefits provided in Plan F.